[Talk-vi] Results from the first Vietnamese Mapping Party last 18th July

Ivan Garcia capiscuas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 09:40:07 BST 2009

Hi everyone,
We are really sorry for being late to send u the result of Mapping Party on
last 18th July:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/HanoiMappingParty2009

Around 15 people assisted to the conferences and to the party, with 5 GPS
they divided themselves into 5 groups of 3 people each.

On behalf of the party's organization, thank you very much for those who
attended and recorded all the data during 2 hours in the hot weather as well
as the pollution of Ha Noi's roads.

You can check out some pictures about our activity on that day here:
http://tinyurl.com/OSMparty1
<http://tinyurl.com/OSMparty2>
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=92438&id=536733262&l=bf006cf891

Also here you'll find videos of the presentations:
http://hanoi.centre-linux.org/article.php3?id_article=108

Aaron Straut from Flickr helped us after the StateOfTheMap2009 (probably
after attending to *The State of
Vietnam<http://www.slideshare.net/khanhlnq/state-of-vietnam>presentation)
and he added in FLICKR
* Vietnam <http://www.flickr.com/places/vietnam/>, the OSM tiles for
Ha Noi<http://www.flickr.com/map?place_id=L.CstOiYA5_7VNSt> and
Ho Chi Minh City <http://www.flickr.com/map?place_id=3wLzgz6YA5ns4Pn0>

We are now thinking to make another Mapping Party this time in Ho Chi Minh
City, and attract more people, and learn from our mistakes, experience, etc.

After the meeting, the number of people update information on OSM has
increased rapidly.  There are more streets and POI points (useful spots:
restaurants, hotels, hospitals,...) have updated. You can check out the
results of your own contribution here:
http://osm.org/go/4dterHJI-

There is one more interesting thing, one third of the participants on that
day were female ;)
Right now, we still have a bit of the budget and GPS.  If anyone has some
spare time and loves mapping, please contact us here:
 Lê Viết Thanh
Email: lethanhx2k at gmail.com
Vietnamese Cell: 0984.468.147

Or you can participate in the Vietnamese OSM community (operating by mailing
list)
exchange all the matters  about OSM

Regards,
Ivan Garcia,