[OSM-Talk-ZA] Local Mapping Parties

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Fri Jul 17 12:28:25 BST 2009

Talk-ZA,

OpenStreetMap South Africa is starting to hot up... There are 2
magazine articles discussing OSM South Africa coming out in the next
couple of months. New Tracks4Africa converts... Time is ripe to
introduce new comers to mapping, tools and getting involved.

Can anyone suggest any venues for a mapping party?

- Maybe near Bloubergstrand in Cape Town?
- Somewhere in Gauteng?
- Elsewhere?

If we can work out a date soon, we could likely get it published along
with the magazine articles. Weekend of 19th or 26th September would be
ideal.
Nic Roets has a few handheld GPS receivers donated by the OSMF to the
OSM South African Community.

Comments?

Regards
 Grant