[OSM-Talk-ZA] Street names repeated many times in the Name Field.

David Richfield davidrichfield at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:49:15 BST 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Vesuvius <vesuvius at kbye.co.za> wrote:
> Afternoon.
> I Have seen this before, using my *shameful* old version of JOSM. But on
> investigation it does not show inside JOSM, only after upload.
> Would also like to know why this happens.

Ah, so it probably happened the first time I edited the street name.

> PS: never heard of Vespucci, looks ideal for droid, thanks for mentioning
> it.

Vespucci is very nice in that you can edit live from an Android, and
when I'm mapping alone without enough time or free hands to handle a
laptop, I use it quite a lot.  I'm very impressed with it, but it's
relatively fresh software, so it still has a few bugs and annoying
quirks.

As I mentioned, it sometimes just doesn't know what to do when it
fails to upload completely, but if you just keep on asking it to
upload, it finally seems to sort things out.

It automagically shows you the Bing imagery on the background, which
can drain your airtime quickly.  I'm not sure whether you can turn
that off, but you can select different backgrounds.

I can't always seem to split ways with it, and sometimes you'll find
yourself attaching one road to another by mistake in a way that's hard
to fix.

--
David Richfield
e^(πi)+1=0