[OSM-Talk-ZA] GPS Traces

Alexander Wunschik alex at wunschik.net
Tue Jan 25 17:25:58 GMT 2011

Am 25.01.2011 08:41, schrieb Grant Slater:
> Hi All,
Hi Grant,

> I would like to encourage everyone to upload GPS traces they might
> have, especially those of out of town areas.
I just uploaded a few large tracks especialy from the coastial area
south-east of Capetown.
Some little coastal towns are part of the tracks. E.g. "Gooiels",
"Pringle Bay", "Silver Sands" and "Hermanus"

> The new Bing aerial imagery, which we have permission to use, is often
> be offset from reality in the more rural areas. Having GPS traces
> available makes it much easier to correct the offset locally and
> improve the accuracy of our mapping.
After moving whole cities a few meters to one side I noticed that
problem with the bing images too :-(
I want to appologieze in advance if somebody has to correct my changes...

Is there a way to correct the bing map positions for south afrika?

> Please encourage others to log and upload too.
!!!

> Regards
>  Grant
Cheers,