[Openstreetmap] How do we handle large amount of GPS points?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Dec 11 10:16:25 GMT 2004

[Matt Amos]
> my thinking was that people would upload to a web site, which would
> validate the file against the schema for gpx, do a number of basic
> checks on the usability (i.e: lack of noise and fubar'ed points) of
> the file and then import it to the database.

Another GPX filter I would like is one reading through the file, and
then add a GPX header with info about the "edges" of the file.  This
would make it easier to index the files and search out the files
relevant for a given region.

Did anyone have a look at the GPX files I made available?  We should
probably come up with some naming standard for the files, and
standardize on what to put in the GPX header.

> but i havent started working on this yet (still getting gpx files
> out of my SiRF program ;-)), so please have a look later!

Sounds interesting.  I will need to have a look at this soon.  :)

To bad my GPS isn't using the SiRF chipset. :(