[Openstreetmap] howto

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Oct 6 20:17:32 BST 2004

[Stephen Coast]
> I've written a quick howto which is now in the subversion tree. If
> I've missed anything lemme know and I'll fix it.

Looks good to me.  It seem to contain enough info for me to get
started.  I'll probably try to get it working with PostgreSQL instead,
as I got more experience using PostgreSQL.

A question about the SQL table you are using:

  create table tempPoints(
    g geometry,
    altitude float,
    timestamp bigint(20)
  );

What is the type of the values going into the timestamp?  What is the
resolution?

Would it be an idea to store the accuracy as reported by the GPS?  I
guess it would be useful when using the info to draw vectors.  It
could be used to regulate the size of the circle used to draw the
points.  I'm not quite sure what value in the NMEA specification to
use for this.  I'm reading
<URL:http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/nmeafaq.txt> trying to figure
the out, but am not sure what the values actually mean.