[Openstreetmap] Routefinding

Ross McNab rmcnab at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 11:55:52 BST 2005

NavTeq are a big player in satnav products. They've been pushing their
own route/map database format as an industry standard.

You'll find a spec for the format here: http://www.navteq.com/sdalformat/

Most of the spec deals with the nitty-gritty binary storage format,
but you might be able to glean a few ideas for logical data structures
from it.

Their enumerations for road types, points of interest, etc are also interesting.

Ross.