[Openstreetmap] Re: Landsat update

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Sat Apr 30 18:38:16 BST 2005

On Saturday 30 Apr 2005 17:40, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Nick Whitelegg]
>
> > Further to my message last night I can now load Landsat data into my GPX
> > editor. There's a demo, of the Southampton Water area, available here:
> >
> > http://www.free-map.org.uk/downloads/landsat_demo.png
>
> Looks cool.  Is the source of this editor available somewhere?
> Version control repository, perhaps?

It's available on the OpenStreetMap subversion archive. A version from a week
or two back (no Landsat stuff... only added that in today) is available from

http://www.free-map.org.uk/downloads/

It's the tarball called "osm-editor" plus some date. The only dependency on a
Linux system is the Qt development libraries.

> Can I use it to annotate the GPX
> data from Oslo?

Yes, you should be able to do that.

> Can I add information about locations (wifi zones,
> restaurants, etc) into OpenStreetmap.org using this editor?

It won't upload straight to OpenStreetMap, I'm trying to optimise it to be a
lightweight GPX editor. However you can upload GPX to OpenStreetMap. Don't
think Steve's added the labelling stuff for points yet to the current online
version of OpenStreetMap thought

Nick