[Openstreetmap] Wikimania

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Fri Aug 12 15:05:39 BST 2005

I'm back from the Wikimania conference and wrote up my impressions
regarding mapping on my user page on the wiki,
http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/User:LA2

There you will also find links to the proceedings for the two
relevant presentations.

I have uploaded my track logs from a few days of geocaching and
sightseeing in Frankfurt am Main.  However, these are captured
with the "automatic" sampling interval on my Garmin GPS and thus
it is sometimes hard to follow which GPS points should be
connected.  And some of the tracks were captured through the side
windows of buses or trams, with low precision and random jumps
caused by Garmin's misfeature to log initial and erroneous points.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)