[Openstreetmap] Re: Where can I get old street maps?

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Dec 1 09:06:20 GMT 2005

Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> Any photograph is copyrightable under CDPA 4.1.a: "In this Part
> "artistic work" means – (a) a graphic work, photograph,
> sculpture or collage, irrespective of artistic quality".

Do you have British *case law* to support this also in the case of
facsimile reprints?

If you have a recent British facsimile reprint of some old
out-of-copyright book, and could send it to me, I'd be happy to
scan it and make it available on the Internet, only to test this.
I'm already doing this for Swedish facsimile reprints, but I don't
have any British books here.

Here is the flip side of the title page to a 1961 reprint of a
Swedish book from 1867, http://runeberg.org/linnstrom/1/0004.html
Front of title page is http://runeberg.org/linnstrom/1/0003.html

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)