[Openstreetmap] 1913 OS maps

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Sat Dec 3 17:49:30 GMT 2005

Hi folks.

I bought one of the Godfrey reprints of the 1913 OS maps, for my area
Hammersmith & Fulham.  It's fascinating because it's close enought to
Central London to have been fully urban by that point in time, but there
are definitely some differences.

At no point in the reprint to Godrey claim copyright on the map, as far
as I can see.  That, however, doesn't mean they don't HAVE copyright --
I believe that only comes into damages claims.

I could take a photo of it if anyone's interested in seeing the level of
detail, though there's plenty of info on the Godfrey site.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because geeks travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

No, Democracy is not identical with majority rule. Democracy
is a State which recognizes the subjection of the minority
to the majority, that is, an organization for the systematic
use of force by one class against the other, by one part of
the population against another.

- Lenin