[Openstreetmap] New roads appearing without GPS tracks

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 10:46:16 GMT 2005

On 12/16/05, Simon Hewison <simon at zymurgy.org> wrote:

> Suggestions as to how to record such surveying in the database (without
> uploading the entire video) are welcome!

Why would you not upload the entire video?

I think geo-tagged photo and video feeds are entirely appropriate for
linking/importing into OpenStreetMap for use as reference material,
and I imagine we'll see an interface to do that, eventually. (We could
do it from Flickr now, and Flickr-like video sharing sites are popping
up already).  When I get my GPS up and running for my phone, I intend
to start photographing street signs and bus stops, for example.

Tom.