Should we use off-line editors (was: Re: [Openstreetmap] New roads appearing without GPS tracks)

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Dec 16 11:51:29 GMT 2005

 I suppose if that's the way it is, that's the
> way it is :-(

>Well, there's no reason why you can't use an offline editor to
>automagically build road segments from GPS tracklogs, or whatever,
>providing you keep the original data, and upload it anyway.

OK that sounds better.

I don't think I've kept every single original GPX file from my
osmeditor-contributed tracks, and even fewer from the data imported from
Freemap's internal database, but I've got a few, particularly recently.
I'll try and upload them in the next few days.

Nick