[Openstreetmap] Re: Naming segments using applet

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Dec 23 09:17:10 GMT 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 12:48:45PM -0500, Kendall Sears wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 02:13 +0000, SteveC wrote:
> >                          Firstly, people telling me to use GIS OGC
> > standards are 10 a penny.
> That so many advocate the same solution should be an indication of its
> possible validity.

People telling me I should use Windows, or should drive to work are ten
a penny too.  That gives no indication whatsoever of their ideas'
possible validity, as all those people are wrong.

> Going by the amount of resistance I've encountered I can see why most
> professionals wouldn't proceed very far.  Many people who do this stuff
> for a living have lots of time to contribute but little time to
> persuade.

But if you want people who are supposedly ignorant of the facts to
believe that you know what you're talking about, and not jkust
parrotting something you were told, then you do need to persuade.
Unless you do, you are indistinguishable from the highly paid idiot who
tells me I should use Windows.

I can understand why you choose not to persuade though - I don't bother
persuading people of the error of their ways any more.  I have better
things to do, and find it amusing to watch them shoot their own feet
off.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

   The voices said it's a good day to clean my weapons