[Openstreetmap] Last version of osmeditor this year

Johnny Doe uucp1 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 20:12:12 GMT 2005

--- nick at hogweed.org wrote:

> In live update mode, you can now do all the
> following:
>
> - create a node

Works like a charm on my 2048x1600 display :-)

> - create a segment

I have expected the same colour model as in the
applet,
but all objects are grayscale. Is it an intended
behaviour ?

> - rename a segment
> - set the type of a segment

I wish there were the text entry fields for the street
name,
one-way flag,left/right side max/min house number, zip
code,
town/city name, local region/state name. Did i miss
something
useful ?

> - move a node
> - delete a node

Doesn't work for me.The node is "splitted", and you
can't delete
the "second" one.
Deleting the node doesn't do anything ?

> - delete a segment

The toolbar button can not be "pressed", sometimes the
programm tries to delete the segment from node -10 to
-11
(looks funny for and unsigned int64 value ?)
and falls into the endless loop of 404 errors.
Then you must kill the programm.

Still it is a great achievement over the java applet,
given its speed and full use of the
available display space.
Now i will probably do editing the nodes in osmeditor2
and
the rest in the applet.