[Openstreetmap] Re: Who's mapping Frankfurt/Main

Frank Mohr f_mohr at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 23 22:16:17 GMT 2005

SteveC wrote:
> * @ 23/12/05 05:44:37 PM pere at hungry.com wrote:
>
>>[Frank Mohr]
>>
>>>i just noticed that there are a lot of new street segments in my
>>>area ..
>>>
>>>who's mapping Frankfurt ?
>>
>>Hm, would it be possible to extract the areas of the last day/weeks
>>changes, and publish a list of who is mapping which areas?  Or perhaps
>>list the latest editors for the displayed area on the applet page?
>

> Privacy implications makes me think this should be an opt-in if you want
> people to know what you edited...

that's why i asked on the list
(think an answer is some kind of opt-in)

i was mainly curious who else is mapping the city where i work

anothter reason is that my permission
to contribute to the project runs out at Dec. 31
(needs to be renewed) and for the improbable reason
that i don't get the permission to continue,
i'd like to give my raw tracks to someone to continue.
(my company request me to get my managers approval
if i contribute to any open source prj, even in my own time)

the old XMLRPC gave the userid (email addr) for
uploaded trackpoints ... that had been some way
to get the contributor, but the privacy implication
is obvious.

frank