[Openstreetmap] JOSM release candidate

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Wed Dec 28 01:25:33 GMT 2005

Ladies and Gentlemen,

finally I am proud to announce the first release candidate of JOSM.

Download: http://www.eigenheimstrasse.de/josm/josm-rc1.jar
Manual: http://wiki.eigenheimstrasse.de/wiki/JOSM/User_Manual

Some new features to the beta:
- upload of nodes and segments (the server does not implement tracks yet).
- full support of undo/redo until of all changes made during the current
session
- merge downloaded data into your existing (without loosing the changes,
of course)
- be able to fast add line segments by dragging the mouse cursor and
pressing space to create each segment. See the user manual for more
information.

Features you already love from the beta2:
- Add, Edit and Delete nodes, line segments and streets
- Full Key/Value support
- Different Layers of raw GPS - data
- Complete, standard-conform GPX import/export
- OpenStreetMap Api 0.2 XML import/export

One note before you start hacking: Please be carefull with massive changes
and the upload feature. This version is to be tested by all your volunteer
beta testers. I did not find any futher bugs, which does not mean they are
all gone for sure ;-). Please report any problems and strange things with
upload immediatly so the data base don't suffer from broken clients.

To use my instance of the test server, you have to first add
"imi.dev.openstreetmap.org" to your hosts list (unfortunatly, this is not
managed by the openstreetmap DNS server). See the wiki at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/Using_the_dev_server for more.
Then enter http://imi.dev.openstreetmap.org/api/0.2 as Server-Url into the
JOSM-Preferences.

Ciao, Imi.