[Openstreetmap] Re: [geo-coord] geo meetings 1: okf forum on geo data in april

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Wed Feb 2 19:36:00 GMT 2005

* Rufus Pollock (rufus.pollock at okfn.org) wrote:
> As I have said before I would like to do the next OKF Forum on geo data
> (the current one is 17th Feb at Stanhope centre on civic info see
> http://www.okfn.org/wiki/OpenKnowledgeForums). So let's focus on this. If
> we can organize another bigger (say 1 day) event all the better. As such
> the rough format for the forum is:
>
> Location: London (somewhere relatively central)
> Time: An evening during the week (though can be weekend), say 1900 - 2100

Was ian able to find somewhere at UCL?

> Structure: Few short talks (10-15 mins) at start from interesting people
> (activists, coders, orgs ...) followed by discussion

I'd like to talk if poss, am sure other people on openstreetmap will be
interested.

> Aim: To bring together different interest groups such as policy/think tank
> types, coders and activists.
>
> I am now away in mid-march in the states so I suggest early to mid April
> for this. I think this will work fine we just go ahead and DO it. The first
> step is to fix a window or even a date and then get 3-4 speakers confirmed.
> Then we find venue, finalize date etc.

all sounds good. I hope the ICA thing was good if anyone went, one of
the reasons I havn't got much done / wasnt there is that im in the
states...

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/