[Openstreetmap] Buying Ikonos data

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Mon Feb 7 09:13:40 GMT 2005

On 7 Feb 2005, at 01:45, Saul Albert wrote:
> THEN we can start to build a significant political attack on closed
> geodata,
> the inspire directive etc.. becase we'll have an ace in the hole (is
> that the
> phrase..?) basically, we'll be saying to the OS &c. sort us out, or
> we'll sort
> ourselves out, and you'll be sorted out of business in the process.

A significant problem with getting movement from the OS is that many of
their customers actually base their business model on reselling data
they licence from OS. Effectively they give their software away FoC and
make their profit on sales of map data. That's not to say it can't
change - just a bit of context about problems that will arise.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net