[Openstreetmap] Re: Openstreetmap Digest, Vol 6, Issue 3

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 17:38:37 GMT 2005

Saul Albert wrote:

>>     You also need a scientifically rigorous data
>>structure that is not corruptable,only provide, I
>>believe, by commercial unix type providers such as
>>oracle.
>

> I might be missing something here. How is a data model in an oracle db more
> scientifically provable and less corruptable than one made by lots of peers
> using postgres?
>
> Some of your comments make sense, but some of them leave me a bit confused..

Me to.

All of my database work is done in Firebird. A totally free enterprise
ready engine that many commercial users are switching TO since recent
price hikes to their contracts from Oracle. Migration is easy even for
complex systems due to the fact that Firebird has similar internal
facilities to Oracle.

Any data I have is managed in Firebird and will be downloaded from that
source ;)

--
Lester Caine