[Openstreetmap] Feature extraction, GPS, GPS pool

Hugh Barnard hugh.barnard at hughbarnard.org
Sun Feb 20 12:14:41 GMT 2005

Hi folks

This is an interesting discussion.

1.I felt (feel) that feature extraction was certainly something highly
experimental that should be prototyped on a 'small' piece of data,
feasiblity really.
2. There's probably ways of making the two complementary (for example, using
feature extraction for rough maps, pro-tem, then replacing by traced maps,
if, as and when)
3. How about a GPS hardware pool? People loan them (they pay a returnable
deposit!) and trace then come back. We can work on the process aspects
during this, too.

Best regards Hugh

http://hughbarnard.org