[Openstreetmap] River and railway data

Wed Feb 23 22:56:28 GMT 2005

On 23 Feb 2005, at 21:27, Jo Walsh wrote:

> vmap0 has hydro features and major roads, but i don't think it has
> rail features. i would love to have a rail network map.

It's something I'm working on, though at present, it's not aligned to
any remotely useful grid:
http://www.systemeD.net/carto/new_adlestrop.html

> i have played
> around geocoding stations in london and attempting to scrape lists of
> addresses for stations, like the ones at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> Rail_transport_in_Great_Britain#UK_railway_stations

Sustrans (the cycle charity) has a complete dataset of railway stations
with eastings and northings. I do have a copy - they've agreed to share
it with us at work (Waterscape.com) - but not permission to make it
more widely available, sadly. Perhaps it might be worth approaching
them on behalf of openstreetmap? They're generally friendly people.

Richard