[Openstreetmap] Using GPSD and an Internet Service

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 24 14:41:10 GMT 2005

Okay, last note for today, I promise.  Three in a row looks really bad :)

I see a few different programs like gpsread, Python Garmin module, etc. and
was wondering about gpsd.  If it was possible to easily distribute a binary
version of gpsd, it could theoretically be packaged so that a user could
direct upload to a central server.  I'm thinking, they could connect using
some kind of little client tool, or through a web page, and have the master
site query gpsd for the locations.  Is this possible?  Anyone done something
similar?  Can gpsd be used for waypoint retrieval?  I'm assuming yeah :)

Tyler