[Openstreetmap] Unified data-gathering and editing application

Hugh Barnard hugh.barnard at hughbarnard.org
Mon Feb 28 17:17:49 GMT 2005

Hi folks

Just to concur with Richard, I'd like also to include 'low tech'
contributors within data-gathering (at least) and (to me) that meant, for
example, a 'fire and forget' web upload form.

I'm also usually a little unwilling to take any new foreign desktop thingy,
unless very well known (Firefox..), I imagine that others may be the same.

Do the contributors just contribute tracks and whatever lives on the server
'sorts them out' (!) (for example: gpsbabel -> pivot format -> editing (by
us?)-> postgis)...or are they more actively involved (annotation almost
certainly), or a mixture of both?

Another thing that is potential problem (for some, anyway) is passing high
volumes of xml over whatever connections they have...

Best regards Hugh
http://hughbarnard.org