[Openstreetmap] How to do gps data logging?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Jan 15 11:26:01 GMT 2005

[Zebedee Mason]
> Given this I would be grateful if anyone can tell if am I correct in
> my analysis of Garmin, have I missed anything out and are there any
> better options?

I guess you are right about the storage capasity and the frequency
calculations.  (But that gps _is_ a portable computer, so you would be
cycling around with one. :) I would recommend reducing the sample
frequency.  Even with less points, the roads you follow will be easily
identifiable.  Of course, it would be better if you had the storage
capasity to store more points, but if you don't, even lower resolution
samples will be helpfull.

Personally, I use an GPS connected to my laptop to collect points, and
I do not have an upper limit on the amount of points collected.  That
is my way of avoiding your problem.