[Openstreetmap] Postcodes

Ben Daglish bdaglish at oxhut.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 19:46:51 GMT 2005

> Saw on the website that you were interested in postcodes. Have a look at
> http://www.jibble.org/ukpostcodes/

Thanks - I've actually got that list, (and even corrected it, as it
contains a few errors :) ) I have a (currently 'private') version of the
gazetteer that includes all the primary postcode areas - my only problem
is regarding the provenance - I don't want to include any (potentially
copyrighted) information from the PAF (Post Office Address File), and I'm
not sure where the jibble list (and a few others that are similar)
actually originally came from. I'm currently building my own list though
 from various large customer databases (where people have checked the 'let
my info be used for marketing purposes' box) whose owners have kindly
allowed me to use the area/postcode information, in an attempt to build up
an open competitor to the PAF.

Thanks for the reply though,
	Ben.