[Openstreetmap] Re: Another RSS feed

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Fri Jul 8 11:17:06 BST 2005

* @ 08/07/05 10:13:25 AM tom at tom-carden.co.uk wrote:
> Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >[Steve Coast]
> >
> >>Comments again welcome.
> >

> Is this one quite quick to generate?

Yeah, somewhat under a second. Rather than 40.

> What with it being personalised, I
> suppose there's an upper limit on how many it can handle?

My thoughts were 'if it leads to extreme load then look at it'.

> We should also make a function which can draw a bounding box on the map,
> so that people have an idea what area they've covered.  Or make the rss
> feed use scale too, and get the bounding box from the current view.

Its fairly easy to do that by getting the upper left / lower right
things out of open map and passing them to the rss script. My trouble is
I'm rewriting everything in ruby and don't want to add features to the
jsp when it will disappear anyway.

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/