[Openstreetmap] landsat background to the static renderer

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Jul 15 12:26:20 BST 2005

SteveC <steve at fractalus.com> on 15/07/2005 12:09:46

Hello Steve,

>> I say that as the data seems to be returned from NASA much quicker than
in
>> osm-editor.

>They have more money, servers and arn't rendering arbitrary vectors.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear - osm-editor also grabs the data from
NASA over HTTP, so that feature's common, yet the trip from the OSM server
to NASA and back seems much quicker than the trip from osm-editor on my box
(over broadband) and back. Do you have a much faster connection than
standard 1Mbps broadband?

Nick