[Openstreetmap] new static renderer, and other bits

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sat Jul 16 01:12:30 BST 2005

SteveC wrote:

> The 'scale' attribute is now the number of degrees per pixel,

This is incompatible with Multimap.com and other map websites,
which I think is sad.

> The 'edit this map' link now goes to a default scale on the applet.

Having the edit link change the scale is very confusing.  I can
understand that you don't want people to bring up the applet with
a scale too large, but this can be managed by showing the "edit"
link only for finer scales.  For larger scales, the same place can
display some text like "to edit this map, you need to zoom in".

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)