[Openstreetmap] map limehouse

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Jul 19 10:53:59 BST 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 12:52:11AM +0100, SteveC wrote:
> Thats cool. Next time, might be cool to get the victims to write up
> their thoughts also. Link to area(s) mapped on OSM?

http://uo.space.frot.org/freemap/limehouse contains the tracks, there
was one more set that i didn't get a copy of. there's a pile of
islington tracks on one of them.

they center on http://tinyurl.com/8zkb3, as saul mentioned a lot of
the major roads round there have courier coverage, you look at canary
wharf it is just a big blob of dots. so a lot of what we picked up was
filling in detail of areas sketched out on the bike, and particularly
'unmapped' areas, footpaths in council estates and paths, small
alleays and inlets that don't appear in the navteq / teleatlas data
sets (though i imagine they abound in the OS data)

i have a lot of re-drawing to do in that area but am reluctant todo
while the situation with deleted line segments still showign up on
the main map view still obtains.

i havent really noticed much drawing activity and am really, really
looking forward to playing with tom's heralded new drawer/annotator.
no pressure, mind ;)

-jo