[Openstreetmap] Re: How do I use openstreetmap?

Ehud Shabtai eshabtai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 22:36:54 BST 2005

On 7/22/05, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:

> The only way to draw lines at the moment is to draw them manually by
> first marking the segment edges as dots, and them drawing a line
> between them.

That's too bad.

> We dream of some tool to automatically estimate the lines based on the
> GPS points, but it is not working yet.

mapgeneration already has something which does exactly that, but I'm
not sure how it can be integrated.
Has openstreetmap started working on a solution of its own?

> What part of the world are you drawing?  I'm mostly mapping Oslo
> (lat=59.92 lon=10.85).

I'm mapping Tel Aviv, Israel (lat=32 lon=34). But I think I'll wait
for some automated tool to create roads (or make one by myself).

Ehud.