[Openstreetmap] API feature request

Sun Jul 24 17:31:58 BST 2005

I finally got the chance to play with the XML-RPC interface and have
spent a happy afternoon pulling down chunks of data... it's all very
cool.

Is there any chance of more API calls that work with streets rather
than just segments and nodes? I'd like to be able to find out what
streets pass through a given bounding box (similar to getNodes), then
pull down latitudes and longitudes for each street. Otherwise I fear my
new client will hammer the OSM server unduly.

Incidentally, getNodes (according to the javadoc) returns "a list of
lists with the nude UID"... sounds fun. :)

Richard