[Openstreetmap] OpenStreetMap/Freemap and mobile devices?

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 20:19:01 BST 2005

Nick Whitelegg wrote:
 > i) Get your current position from the inbuilt GPS, construct an HTTP
request to the server using, e.g. the cURL library, and get a map back
as, say, a PNG image.

This is the current OSM URL that returns a PNG.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/viewMapImage.jsp?lat=51.526447&lon=-0.14746371&scale=20000.0&width=320&height=240

Obviously there is work to do on the rendering (current todo list
involves drawing lines which only have one node inside the current
projection).  I'd like to implement something like my Processing demo
code for the actual renderer this weekend.

Tom.