[Openstreetmap] Blog of Munich free mapping

Jeremy Stocks stocksll33 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 13:35:47 BST 2005

Hi there,

Today I am releasing a blog of the progress to date on my small Munich project to make free data for this part of the workd.

I have been developing a GIS database for south Bavaria using entirely free GIS data and software: GLCF, SRTM using GRASS and Mapserver. I am learning theseas I go along, particularly MapServer. I used to use GRASS when it was Version 4 over a decade ago.

I would appreciate any feedback particularly with regard to any legal issues if I want to put the data on the web.

Here it is: http://whereonearthisit.blogspot.com/

Jeremy.