[Openstreetmap] ecourier.co.uk GPS data mine

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 14:56:43 BST 2005

Saul,

That sounds fantastic, and I'm sure there's a way to sort it out.
Thinking... are you sure that someone who won't allow scripts to run on
their server would allow a 3rd party box onto their network (and the web)
and allow it access to the database!?!

One thing that springs to mind is that raw gps points aren't all that - it
would be utterly, jaw-droppingly, amazingly fantastic if they could give us
street names as well.  Presumably they record the destination of the
packages, and the time of delivery?

If anyone has contacts with a taxi firm that records similar information,
this is exactly the kind of information we need - raw points AND metadata.

Still thinking,

Tom.