[Openstreetmap] GPS reception in narrow city streets

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Thu Mar 3 15:32:07 GMT 2005

* @ 03/03/05 11:42:13 AM f_mohr at yahoo.de wrote:
> just to repeat my question from january
>
> I still have some problems with narrow city streets where
> the GPS accuracy gets realy bad.
> (several meters offset, left/right jumps on straight streets)
>
> The "London Free Map" page mentions a "window of opportunity".
> How do i calculate this time window for my location?
> Is there any tool available?

Two solutions:

Grab some software that models sat orbits, get good gps orbit data, try
and figure out when you'll get a number of satellites overhead.

Get the location of the satellites off gps itself and either model the
orbits or just plot accuracy over 72 hours or more and look for 90
minute patterns...

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/