[Openstreetmap] money and what to do about it

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 19 23:56:00 GMT 2005

Thought I might chime in from the other side of the world.  I'm pumped about
your project!  It's a thrill to see you working on it.

You are planning to put this up on a web map right?  If so, use MapServer and
then you can use the PDF output option.  I think Chameleon comes with a
widget for doing this already in the PRINT output tool.  Therefore, people
can select their layers and the extent they want.  And I know you could batch
it up with some MapScript to mass produce maps as well.

Have you consider serving up Ikonos using WMS?  It's not really data transfer
since you aren't downloading source data (if you used WCS it would be source
I'm sure).  Am I wrong to think Space Imaging wouldn't want you to have it
available as a web service?

Tyler