[Openstreetmap] Formats for uploading

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 06:50:15 GMT 2005

Jo Walsh wrote:

> hello lester,
>
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 09:56:22PM +0000, Lester Caine wrote:
>
>>Now I want to start building up useful tracks that I can export, since I
>>have a few long runs in the offing over Easter week, I'd like to know
>>that what I build up will be usable. Please can someone give me a few
>>pointers to making this work ;)
>

> tracks and points in GPX format work best for most people here.
> (i think openstreetmap has a form upload; i'm working on user login
> etc for ours, soon; nick's scheme involves creating line segments from
> GPX waypoints instead of trackpoints.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/MakingGpxTracks
> a guide to using the gpsbabel tool to export GPX on mac, win or *nix

Still having a problem with wiki
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: file_passwd in
/var/www/openstreetmap/wiki/lib/WikiUserNew.php on line 2122
So I can't check there ;)

I have found a way of producing GPX from TrackMaster but I'm still
looking for something that will do it in one step :)

--
Lester Caine