[Openstreetmap] Problems using the osmeditor

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun May 1 09:46:03 BST 2005

[Nick Whitelegg]
> Thanks for your patches. I've tried loading in your GPX and I can
> see it fine.

Ah, great. :)

> Did you set the latitude and longitude options at startup?

Nope.  I expected the program to know the location of the file I
loaded.  I'm testing that now.  I get it to work with one of the
included GPX files, but not my file.

It would be nice if the program showed the coordinates of the center
point, to give some idea about the displayed location.

> Sometime in the next few days I hope to upload the latest version
> with the Landsat stuff included, as well as removing all the
> internal references to the OSGB coordinate system.

I look forward to seeing the landsat stuff.  Why not just commit it to
svn right away?  I'm more than willing to debug it. :)

> Re: the XMLRPC, I'm moving away from being able to display
> openstreetmap with the editor now; focusing more on having it as a
> lightweight GPX editor and putting that functionality into the
> applet code base.

Oh, please do not remove the XMLRPC stuff just because I had problems
with it.  I've since been able to get it to work.  My initial problem
was building the program without XMLRPC support.  This made the 'Grab
track' menu option useless without any messages stating so.  I've
commited fixes to get it to give a warning that XMLRPC is disabled
when this is the case.  I was able to log into OpenStreetmap.org after
enabling XMLRPC.

Are you on #geo on IRC?  I'm 'pere' there.

(No need to CC me on your reply.  I'm reading the list using gmane. :)