[Openstreetmap] Re: Problems using the osmeditor

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Mon May 2 09:38:43 BST 2005

On Sunday 01 May 2005 23:08, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Nick Whitelegg]
>
> > OK, first Landsat version of osmeditor now in subversion.
>
> Cool I got it working.  I'm able load a gpx file, download the landsat
> image and scroll around to look at this.  I miss zooming, as the
> current scale is very high.  I am not sure how to use this tool to
> actually edit the data.

The ability to use Landsat to edit the data is not actually in the app yet -
the intention will be that a user will be able to position lakes, woods and
perhaps summits using the Landsat data.

As for editing the tracks and waypoints, you can define a segment of a track
as one of several types (road, path, etc) by clicking on the start and end
point of your intended segment. The types are a bit UK centric at the
moment : "footpath"=pedestrians only, "bridleway"=pedestrians and horses.
You can also delete points from a track, and you can edit a waypoint when you
click on it. The toolbar entries indicate the different modes; roll over them
to show what they mean.

> Did you solve the projection issue?

Not yet- I can't figure that one out and I've even converted to using pure
latitude/longitude now with no OSGB stuff.

> I see some strange lines crossing the window.  I suspect some
> overflowed coordinate calculations.  It appear when I load one of my
> GPX files.

At the moment it can't deal with more than one track; it treats all tracks as
one. Again on the to do list.

> The 'Grab tracks' menu entry is gone.  I suspect this is intentional?

Since you're keen for it to stay, I can add it back.

Nick