[Openstreetmap] Re: another licence question

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Sun May 22 19:35:41 BST 2005

* @ 22/05/05 01:59:23 PM pere at hungry.com wrote:

> [Frank Mohr]
> > personly i'd also prefer some OSI approved licence
> > (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/index.php), but those refer all
> > to OS software, not data.  (ex. also the "GNU Free Documentation
> > License" isn't listed there)
>
> Why do we need a different license for data?  We want our users to
> have the same freedoms with our data as with our source, right?
>
> In short, I do not see the problem of applying GPL or BSD license to
> data.

Would prefer the GPL definition of free to BSD's.

Basically I slapped CC on it since it was very simple to do. Talking
about licenses is something that is needed but I'd prefer it to be in
the past. Therefore, how can we resolve this? How about dual licensing?

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/