[Openstreetmap] first upload and edit

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Sun Nov 6 22:34:38 GMT 2005

Hi,
  I've just uploaded my first set of GPS data and edited some streets
using the java applet :-)

It all went quite smoothly and it seems there is already so much GPS
data in the system for central London that it was hard to pick out my
route - and the roads that I know from everything else.

Seems like a satisfying kind of problem to have as it just shows how
fast the project is moving :-)

Would it be possible to pick out "my GPX uploads" in a different colour?

That way it becomes much easier to make sense of the tracks and put
names to raods without needing to refer to an existing map.

It's also apparent that routes are being collected by people using a
great variety of transport choices.

This has great benefits - but only if it is possible to see from the map
 what kind of route is being displayed.

Would it be possible to mark GPS tracks by transport type when they are
uploaded?

- and maybe later - display only certain types ...

When editing I found a few local errors - a crossroads that didn't cross
- I couldn't seem to drag the nodes together and could only correct it
by deleting parts of it and recreating it with a new, central, node.

Not sure if I'm missing something there....

There was also a route shown to cross a canal where there is no bridge!

--

Sean