[Openstreetmap] keeping trac

Frank Hebbert frank at hebbert.com
Sat Nov 19 01:28:52 GMT 2005

Coming very late into this discussion, I support the decision to keep mediawiki for the wiki and use trac for everything else.

Andy's suggestion about the portal is a really good one - at the moment the initial interface is a bit unexciting. The disabled radio buttons for street and postcode are confusing as well, they look broken instead of just disabled pending the latest lead forward. To provide some end user experience: when I first checked out the site a while ago, I saw the front page, launched the applet, was baffled by the interface and then it crashed. It took me a while to come back for a second look. I suspect that some aspects of this may recur for new visitors, especially less technical people.

Could the front page feature some content from the db - such as the last ten streetnames added, activity per day this week, small maps of busy areas, etc? The news feed would be nice too.

I've expanded trac #34 to cover these points.

Frank