[Openstreetmap] Re: Freemap-OSM (alternative OSM client) now showing points of interest!

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Nov 30 11:12:43 GMT 2005

[Nick Whitelegg]
> Would like to announce that Freemap-OSM
> (http://www.free-map.org.uk/osm), my OSM client which uses Freemap
> code to present OpenStreetMap data in the Freemap style, now shows
> points of interest such as villages, pubs, hills, viewpoints etc.

I prefer to use this view, as it work without JavaScript.

Would it be possible to increase the map pixel size?

I suggest moving the "Go to" block below the "[+] [-]" block to save
space, and then make the map view wider (and also higher).  This would
make the map more useful as it is possible to get a better overview.

What is needed to get the name search working?  It is working quite
well in the AJAX version of OSM, so I guess the data set should be
available somewhere.

And, while I have your attention, I observe a minor bug in the web
page.  On my Opera 7.23 web browser, I get a vertical scroll bar as
part of the map view.  With it I am able to move the map a few pixels
up and down.  Is there some size mismatch between the generated map
and the space set aside for it?