[Openstreetmap] DGPS

Frank Mohr f_mohr at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 17 11:59:50 BST 2005

Andy Robinson wrote:
> EGNOS is not up and running yet although the EGNOS test bed (ESTB) is
> broadcasting intermittent and partial correction data on AOR-E PRN 120
> (Gramin 33). Currently my Garmin Legend is locked on ARMETIS PRN 124 (37)
> and IOR-W PRN 126 (39) which are broadcasting signals which are ignored by
> my gps receiver. ARMETIS I understand will provide the initial operation for
> EGNOS from hopefully early next year.

i noticed that my receiver sometimes diplays that it receives a EGNOS
signal (5-2m accuracy)
as this was most of the time around Darmstadt (and not in Frankfurt
some km away) i assumed that this was somehow related to the ESOC in DA

> For more info on EGNOS, the ESTB and SisNeT see:
> http://ravel.esrin.esa.it/docs/egnos/estb/egnos_pro.htm

i compared my EGNOS reception times with the
"ESTB SIS Broadcast Archive" on that page
and it seems that my Geko only accepts some modes
as "real" correction signals

frank