[Openstreetmap] How to be more efficient inserting tracks?

Frank Mohr f_mohr at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 24 10:55:58 BST 2005

Immanuel Scholz wrote:
> Again, may I advertise JOSM? ;-). There is a preferences setting of doing
> things like this:
>
> If you import your raw gps data as gpx and have track segment information
> from your GPS device, you can just display these segments. If you don't
> get track segment information from your GPS device but a list of points,
> you can force drawing of lines, assuming that the points in the dataset
> loaded is in the correct order.
>
> However, there seems no way of drawing lines between gps points obtained
> from the OSM server, since they come in arbitrary order without line
> information.

the old XMLRPC interface returned uploaded waypoints with
user and timestamp information
with those informations it was possible to recreate
the original tracks

the new REST interface for "Uploaded Points" seems to return only the
raw lat/lon information
Shouldn't we change this? maybe something like
  <trkpt lon='-0.20506667' lat='51.495342' id='1234'/>
with an request that returns the full information
(or for privacy reasons only track-id and order)
for a list of trpkpt id's

frank