[Openstreetmap] Suggestions/Requests

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 07:48:07 BST 2005

2005/10/24, Immanuel Scholz <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de>:
> Hi,
>

> > 1 To place a new line segment - drag the line to place and let go and
> > it should place a node. The node tool could then be removed.
>
> You may want to add a node without a line to indicate a local pub or a
> open wlan network ("point of interest").

But most of the time you don't want to have a single node,  so I would
say that his way would be faster. Perhaps hiding the create node
button per default.

QGIS uses this interface and even though it's alot faster it's also
alot easier to make mistakes. e.g. you missplace nodes, or you don't
know how to stop placing the nodes (and start placing random nodes).

--
/Erik