[Openstreetmap] How to be more efficient inserting tracks?

Frank Mohr f_mohr at yahoo.de
Wed Oct 26 09:30:25 BST 2005

frank mohr wrote:

> --- SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
>
>>>but i found a different problem:
>>>
>>>i deleted some nodes/lines from my failed Griesheim upload
>>>and while i deleted some lines, other already deleted
>>>nodes and lines reapeared in other regions on the map
>>
>>On the static map? Those images are cached, reload them.
>

> no it was in the editor-applet
>
> frank

i had an idea last night what might have happened

the best explanation is that the applet has a limitation
for the amount of downloaded nodes and lines

- i had a very high amount of small lines
  (the upload was about 60 different gpstracks
  of the same street converted to nodes/lines)
- as those lines where overlapping i'm not shure,
  if those apearing lines where previously deleted
  of just not displayed
- i could delete them when they apeared

frank