[Openstreetmap] Freemap - interactive addition of landscape features

nick at hogweed.org nick at hogweed.org
Mon Sep 19 13:48:49 BST 2005

Have now put up a prototype of the new version of Freemap at

http://www.free-map.org.uk/~nick/freemap

More details are on the dev list. However what might be interesting to
non-developers is that you can now add features (hills, pubs etc) to the map
interactively - I'm anticipating that this will be particularly useful to
survey blocked paths, flooded paths etc, precisely the sort of thing the OS
maps don't show you....

You'll need Firefox or Mozilla, JavaScript and cookies, and you'll need to log
in:

Login: osm at hogweed.org
Password: osm

Feel free to play around, but do not copy from an OS map! It is using a test
database at the moment. Bear in mind I might arbitrarily delete data at any
point....

Bear in mind that not all features (notably the search) work at the moment,
it's a very early edition.

Nick