[Openstreetmap] Legal issue about CCL

immanuel.scholz at gmx.de immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Fri Sep 23 09:45:48 BST 2005

Hi,

sorry to bother you about boring legal issues. I have a question about
usability of the OSM-data.

The data within OSM are licensed under CCL, sharealike, attribution. This
last word is my problem - do I that mean, I have to track down every
single data node and store, who has uploaded it to OSM, when I extrakt
data from OSM?

Even worse, does this means, that there never may be an anonymous data
upload possible? Or am I confusing everything &-)  ?

Would a non-attribution license fit better on OSM, like
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sa/1.0 ?

Ciao, Imi.